PolishEnglishDeutsch
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
  • Sulecin
Start >
  •  

    bip

  • urzad woj

  • lubuskie

  • starostwo powiatowe

  • logo EPEV

  • youtube

  • facebook


Other architectural attractions


The House of the Order of St. John

Read moreThe mansion of the commandery of St. John in Łagów, referred to as the House of the Order of St. John by the inhabitants of Sulęcin, is a two-storey building, built on a rectangular plan, located in the direct vicinity of the medieval fortifications. The date of the construction of the original building in Sulęcin is not known. The earliest mention of the construction dates back to 1536.

Read more...
 
The Junior Secondary School Building

p gminazjumBuilt in the early 20th century, until 2001 the building had been the seat of Primary School no. 1. Following the educational reform, it has become the seat of the Junior Secondary School. The Junior Secondary School building is surrounded by a magnificent park which used to be a graveyard until the turn of the 19th and 20th century. Next to the Junior Secondary School building there used to be a synagogue burned down in 1933.

 
The Building of the former Castle Fief

p dawny zamkowyLocated at Żeromskiego Street, the Building of the former Castle Fief is one of the most interesting architectural objects in Sulęcin. This monument of history with eight axes and a triaxial protruding risalit with a tympanum and an intermediate cornice has been renovated, and at present it houses a hotel and restaurant complex.

 
Napoleon's Pavement

Read moreThe early 19th century is the time of the Napoleonic Wars. It was the time when an old stagecoach route led through Sulęcin; it led from Berlin through Frankfurt on the Oder River, Ośno, Międzyrzecz, Pniewy, Poznań to Warsaw and further to the east. This was also the route on which the majority of Napoleon's armies marched to Moscow.

 

Read more...
 
The Commemorative Stones in Wędrzyn Military Training Ground

Read moreSeveral commemorative stones are located near Buszno Lake. They bear inscriptions of the names of foresters who were especially popular among the local population. The most gorgeous stones bear some inscriptions.

Read more...
 
The Penitential Stone

Read moreIn Wielowieś, near a neo-gothic church, there is a mysterious stone. What is known about it? According to medieval law, when a murderer was found guilty, he was obliged to finance the cost of his victim's funeral and to pay for the upbringing and maintenance of the victim's children. Moreover, the culprit had to go barefoot for a pilgrimage to a holy place.

Read more...
 
The Town Walls

Read moreBy order of the master of the Order of St. John, Gregory of Schabendorf, in 1491 the construction of town walls had begun. The 1400 metre long wall was made of field stones and bricks.

Read more...
 
The old Railway Embankanment

p stary nasypIn 1912 a railway line from Sulęcin to Gorzów Wlkp. was built. It led through Lub­niewice and Jarnatów, next to the railway line from Sulęcin to Międzyrzecz built in 1892. After World War II the tracks were dismantled and the remaining embankment, particularly beautiful above the Red Stream Valley, is an ideal surface for cycling.

 
The urban arrangement of the Old Town

p uklad urbanistycznyThe remnants of the Old Town urban arrangement with historic 18th and 19th century tenement houses, as well as rural architecture monuments dating back to the second half of the 19th century can be seen in Sulęcin.

 
Neuenfeld's Villa

Read moreNeuenfeld's Villa was built in the late 19th century at the corner of M. Curie-Skłodowska Street, near the boiler and steam machine plant which also specialized in the repair of farm and forestry equipment. Right after the war it was the seat of the town authorities, and since 1976 it has been the seat of a housing association.

Read more...
 


powrót

Dariusz Ejchart burmistrz wita jasne

Welcome to the Sulęcin Municipality website. I wish you pleasant reading and invite you to visit the charming Sulęcin Region.

Mayor of Sulęcin
Dariusz Ejchart

serdecznie witam na stronie internetowej Gminy Sulęcin.

Życzę przyjemnej lektury i zapraszam do odwiedzenia urokliwej Ziemi Sulęcińskiej.